Sunday, October 02, 2005

Moving On

I was anxious to move on and get to Tepa, and I was feeling a lot better. I was still feeling pretty weak, but up to moving on. I decided to take a taxi instead of the Metro, so we grabbed a taxi and went to the bus station.

Buses were leaving every 15-30 minutes for Guadalajara, so we were able to get one right away. We made it to Guadalajara in about 5 or 6 hours and called my friend David, a Rotarian I'd met the previous year and kept in contact with. He said he'd come pick us up and take us to our hotel.

David got to the bus station...it was great to see a friend! I had chosed a hotel in the downtown district, so we headed that direction. It was rush hour traffic and huge storm started and soon all the streets were flooded with about 3 feet of water, so it was slow going. We finally made it to the downtown area, but couldn't find the hotel. He recommended one near where he lived, so we headed there. By this time it was almost 8 pm. Sierra was disappointed because she had hoped to go see a movie, but it was now too late. We decided to go to McDonalds for dinner instead...Sierra was excited to play at the play station.

David had to go pick up his girlfriend, so we said goodbye and Sierra and I went to our hotel to get to bed. The next morning Sierra swam in the hotel pool and we relaxed a bit before going back to the bus station to head to Tepa. I called a few of my Rotarian friends in Tepa and they said they thought they had a place for us to stay and when I got in town I was to call Martin and Blanca.

We went to the bus station and grabbed a bus to Tepa...in an hour or so we'd be there!!!

No comments: