Thursday, March 02, 2006

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig

Over the weekend I rented a car and Sierra and I went home for the weekend!! It was so great!! We took off on Friday afternoon and came home Sunday night.

At the last minute, a girl asked us for a ride to Sacramento, so we also took her to Sac. We ended up getting home around 8 o'clock or so, and I was so touched because my sister and her whole family were there waiting for us! It really blessed me. My dad had also stayed up to visit with us, which was so cool because he had to leave at 1:00 in the morning to go test the car and wasn't there the rest of the weekend.

A few weeks ago I had purposed it in my heart to cuddle with my dad and to hang out with him and visit more. Now, my dad is not the cuddly type and I haven't EVER done this, so it was a big deal!! I told him I was going to do it and we'd both feel weird about it, but we'd just have to get through it. So, I got my first opportunity on Friday night and laid up against him on the couch and put his arm around me! It was cool - ok, it was a little awkward, but it was still cool!! A great start!

It was just nice to be with my family and visit. I went on a long walk with my mom (paid for that for a few days!!) and Sierra got to spend time with her cousins. All the Murphy Women took a special communion together on Saturday with our friend MaryAnn, who taught me a new way to do communion...in fact, I'm going to be sharing it with my class tomorrow! It's called Mime Communion, but that's all I'll tell you.

We went to church on Sunday and I kept getting comments from friends about how they saw me dancing during service!! Haha - that was funny - I told my friend Angie that YWAM makes you a hyper Christian, and she thought there was real truth to that! LOL.
The funny thing is that the service was about the Extravagent Father Heart of God...which is what we've spent the last 6 weeks learning!! In fact, the sermon centered around the father from the story of the prodigal son and that is exactly what we were learning about last week! Isn't God funny?? Apparently I'm a little slow at this concept, because he just keeps bringing it. Haha.

We headed home on Sunday and tried to stay in front of a big storm that was coming in - we made it home safe and sound and everyone was glad to see us home safe.

This week we are learning about living a Spirit filled life, and it is just awesome. I was hit really hard on Monday with all of that old *stuff*....rejection, doubt, identity crisis, feeling useless and out of place....it just comes, doesn't it?? Sometimes it is hard to be a single mom - you always need to be strong even when you don't think you have any strength. You are always "on" whether you have the energy or not. You don't fit with the singles and you don't fit with the marrieds. It seems like everyone else can be used but you. Oh yes, it was hitting me heavy!! I prayed and was still feeling down so I went to my friend Mirriam who was a single mom for many years (her kids are all grown now) and she was really able to minister to me and pray with me and encourage me - this is one thing I just love about community!!! The next morning we had intercession and, come to find out, a couple of the guys in my prayer group had been having similar stuff go on the day before. Then at break I found out my other friend was also having similar stuff going on - so many of us under attack!! We all prayed together and were encouraged. We decided that the enemy only comes against us when we are a threat or when something is coming to us, so we counted it as all joy the trials!

So, all is going well - we are preparing for Fiji. This week is really hectic and we've had night meetings every night all week, plus our houses are being inspected today so we had to get them cleaned up. This weekend a few people are going to Yosemite, but most of us will stay here and relax.

No comments: