Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mild Meanderings of the Mind

I'm thinking maybe I should write a book about my life...it's been pretty interesting, really. Shocking at times. I don't know that people would believe some of the things that I've been through. Hmmm...maybe it would be a way to earn some additional support.

Speaking of support, I've realized I'm at approximately 50% of what I need to be at. That is not good. I have sufficient funds for my monthly expenses if I'm careful, but not enough to plan for the future. Currently, the future includes: Sierra's senior year in school, going home to visit in June 2011, renewing our visas (and Sierra's passport), medical insurance renewal, etc. So, I'm open to creative and clever ideas to increase my support base! Any ideas?

So I've started getting back to my hippie days a bit...okay, not really, but in a way! I was always fascinated by all-natural things and by home remedies, organic foods, gardening, etc. For the past year or so I've been making a point to eat more "whole" foods - sometimes called "clean" foods - basically, things as close to their natural state as possible. And, lately I've also been making things from scratch a lot more and not having much processed food. I'm really enjoying it and it's igniting a desire in me to learn about gardening! There is a store here called Kakula's in which they sell tons of bulk whole foods...ie - several different types of flour, or herbs, or whatever - and you can buy as much or as little as you like. It's basically like a natural foods store from back home. I really like it.

It makes me think of what I used to dream of when I was a little girl...I had visions of living on a farm, with lots of children, and animals. It eventually grew to be orphaned and foster children that were on that farm. Now I'd like to see moms, too...learning about parenting, nutrition, work skills, being discipled in their faith. I've picked up and laid down this idea a hundred times in the past. Recently, a friend and I were talking and found out that we have the same exact dream, down to every detail. Hmmm...where are you taking this, Lord?

I simply cannot believe Sierra will be 16 this month. Is it even possible that I am old enough to have a 16 year old daughter? And not only that, but a daughter who graduates High School in a year and a half? Impossible, I say! I'm absolutely in mourning about her growing up and over the fact that I don't have more children. I feel like I still have so much more "mothering" in me. I definitely want more children...is that weird?

Well, I s'pose that's all for now...maybe I'll meander on a bit more another time....night y'all!

No comments: