Friday, July 02, 2010

Things that keep me up at night...

How pathetic is this? The other night I was trying to fall asleep, but all I could think of were witticisms about language. I really am a nerd. Truly.

Okay, so, here's what I was thinking about...

The difference between "then" and "than" - people confuse them all the time!

"Then" generally refers to time. What will we do THEN? I went to town, THEN I came home.

"Than" is all about comparison. She is taller THAN him.

Okay, so another little note - A Lot...two words.

And finally - thinking about our little ways of writing the various noises we make...lol - wow, that sounds wierd! But...

Awwww - like the sound we ladies make when something is cute - like a baby or a puppy!

Ahhh - a sigh (of relief, of relaxation)

Uhhh - hesitation, confusion.

Okay - well, it's official - I'm a total nerd and I clearly missed my calling as an editor. It's all out in the open now.

My mind is clearly preparing for my TESOL course starting on Monday...TESOL is Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. I hear it's mega intense and has tons and tons of homework! I am excited, though...although I was never a good student as a young person, I have come to love learning. I'm excited about the doors this certificate will open!

No comments: