Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Restoring the Temple - Pt. 2

  • Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.  1 Cor 3:16-17
  • Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Cor. 6:19-20
Well, figured I'd give a quick update on how things are going...I have exercised for 11 of the last 13 days - yay!  I'm taking Sundays off.  I've been doing some strength training, flexibility and a bit of cardio.  I have a hard time with cardio because of my feet.  They are not doing so well, and it hurts when I walk much so it really limits me.  I am looking at getting a bike, and that will help with doing cardio, I think.  I'd love to have access to a pool to swim! 

As for eating...it's been going *okay*...not great.  I am torn between wanting to buy and cook my own food so I have control over it, and being thankful for what we get at the base and eating what is provided for me - even though I can't control it or always know what's in it.  However, I am in the process of going off coffee for awhile - I've been having 1/2 caf for about a week, and am now moving to having a cup every other day.  I don't know how long I'll be off it, guess we'll see!!

Well, that's just a quick little update! 

No comments: