Monday, August 22, 2005

Alive and Well in San Cristóbal

We just got out of the jungle after having been there for two weeks...we have been without telephone or internet (and essentially without electricity as well...) for two weeks, and just today got back to civilization! Needless to say, a hot shower was much enjoyed.

We're sorry that we worried everyone by not being in contact. I thought my family knew we'd be out of touch for these two weeks, and feel terribly that everyone was so worried. We are so appreciative of the outpouring of love, concern and support on our behalf...no one could ever claim we weren't loved!!! Please rest assured that we are doing fine.

Sierra has a stomach virus, or something, so we've holed up for a day or two to let her rest and veg out watching tv...then we'll start heading north toward Mexico City and Guadalajara - we'll take about 10 or so days to do it, and not rush TOO much.

I'll write more about our jungle adventures soon...just wanted everyone to know we're doing fine. I'm sure you'll all love the story about the night I decided to make chicken for dinner. Maybe the fact that there is no electricity (and thus no refrigeratation...) will give you some insight on the task that was before me.

One thing though...I've had enough eggs in the past two weeks to last a lifetime!

No comments: