Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Zapata...a place to stay

You will realize that I have written several blogs instead of one big one...This is to make it a little easier to read. Don't miss the other new ones below!

I was down to about $500 pesos and our room at the cabaña was $100 pesos a night, plus about $100 pesos a day for food. All in all, it was costing us about $20 USD to stay there a day. The next lancha was supposed to Sunday, then moved to Saturday. I decided we'd have to leave. Sierra was heartbroken and wanted me to leave her there!!! I told her no way, but this was hard as many families were also begging me to let her stay with them!! I finally said, if we can find a place that is less expensive, we will come back.

Manuel and Manuela will let us stay with them for $50 pesos a day, so we are going back. We left via lancha with some other folks, including a veterinarian who goes up and down the way to treat animals, and some folks who were helping with some construction projects on the cabañas. They ended up taking us all the way to Comitan in their truck, and didn't even charge us! We think that we might meet up with them again in Zapata as they have to return to check on the construction project.

No comments: