Monday, January 16, 2006

Here we are

Saturday afternoon we packed up the van and headed off...me, Sierra, my mom Judy, my sister Diane and my two neices Allie and Maddie. The drive was so pretty - the clouds were intense and boiling and it made the green just burst out while the dark silouettes of the trees were ominous against the sky. There were tons of birds and it was just a really powerful scene.

We had been told the road gets really curvy, so we kept waiting for the curves...of which none ever materialized! We got up to Chico and found a hotel and were excited to find out that dinner and breakfast was included! Yeah!

So, we all bunked up in the hotel and in the morning we got going eventually, taking some time out for lunch and (of course) coffe. We finally started heading out to the YWAM base about 1:30. The ride out was beautiful - it's deep in a canyon and quite remote. I was expecting it to be a pine forest (redwoods), but it's actually oaks and bluffs and streams and hills - very pretty.

As we drove up, we were greeted by Jeannie, who recognized me from my picture and came right up to give us all a big hug and show us around - what a reception! Later we met Ken, who was equally as kind and welcoming. The base is beautiful and we are in a big house with 8 other people. We have our own room, and the cool thing is that Sierra has her own space off from mine, so we each get a little privacy. The only thing I'm concerned about is that we share 1 bathroom between 6 of is, which includes 2 men...so, I guess we'll see how that works out!

Dinner was great and everyone is really nice and excited.

Ok...well, that is all for now - worship is in 10 minutes and I have to go get Sierra and get down there. More later!

No comments: