Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Update on the "BUS TRIP"

What a long, strange trip it's been!! We finally got on the bus and I thought I'd be able to just go right to sleep. Nope. Sleep was eluding me. There were two girls about Sierra's age sitting in front of us and they visited for awhile before settling down.

It turns out they sold more tickets than they had seats, so some people were standing in the aisles (this is an overnight bus...ALL night!!). The girls in front of us were connected to a group of about 6 and they were all trying to sit together and another guy came and was bound and determined he would sit in the seat he was assigned and refused to take another seat so they could sit together, which I thought was kind of mean, but oh well.

I ended up not sleeping in a sitting position and so I just laid down on the floor under Sierra's feet and slept there. It was kinda dirty and hot and I was afraid people would either step on me or trip over me on their way to the bathroom, but at least I got a little bit of sleep!!!

We finally made it and, amazingly, both of us had plenty of energy to hit the beach and swim around and whatnot. Boy, did that water feel good!

No comments: